Monday, December 2, 2013

And so the Season Begins

We kicked off the Christmas season by hanging lights on the backyard on Saturday, then Sunday the kids opened the first door on their advent calendars. And a week prior we had the holiday season opener dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, the Capital Grille. I love a good steak, but I'm quite particular about what I like..and not many places live up to expectations. The Capital Grille is a chain, and sadly not all the locations are that good. However, there are a couple of exceptions. The Wall Street location, which is my favorite haunt, is amazing, everything that I ever ate there (and that's a lot as I go there several times a month) has been extremely delicious. And because I'm always raving about that restaurant, the kids have been wanting to try it too. They recently opened a location at the Roosevelt Field mall which is not too far from home. So we went there and it was a big hit with the kids. The restaurant does not have a kids menu per say, but they do make kids' meals and the prices were very reasonable. That said, it's not really a kid friendly restaurant. But we had a  nice experience, and we'll definitely go back as a family.

My three best friends! 

I was wearing a plaid jacket (Target), NYDJ jeans, Nine West boots, and the Hermes Evelyne.  My daughters were mostly in Ralph Lauren…I love the RL kids' preppy and cute look. It's not cheap or too grown-up looking like so many other kids' selections. 

How to keep a kid busy in a restaurant so a parent can eat? 

A happy kid in a restaurant is so rare I had to take a picture.. 

And another… 

And now keeping three kids happy in a restaurant. Aaah, the power of apps! 

Finish off with a nice glass of prosecco for dessert. Happy Holidays!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment