Sunday, August 2, 2015

In Memoriam

Today I received shocking and deeply sad news. 

My daughter's best friend's mom passed away. 

It feels hard to believe. 

I did not see her through the illness, and all I can remember was an energetic, vibrant, funny, happy and friendly woman. 

She was a wonderful mother to four girls. The kind of mother who dressed up for Halloween trick or treating. 

She was full of life, and her house was always  full of people. 

I knew her a little bit, and I was very happy my daughter was in good hands when she was there for sleepovers. She was taken along for movie and restaurant outings, and treated like family. 

I really cannot believe that she is gone. 

It absolutely breaks my heart to think that she left so young, and left such a loving family with young daughters behind. 

I keep asking myself why her. It's so unfair. Why did she not get well? What is the purpose of this? 

I could never have imagined that this would happen. I knew she was ill, but I was sure that it was something that could be treated and that she would get well again. 

Her passing comes as a shock to both me and my daughter. 

I am deeply saddened, and it's painful to think that she is not around to see her daughters grow up. My heart cries for her family for their pain. 

My prayers are with them tonight and for the coming days, weeks and months. 

I don't know how they will live through this... 


No comments:

Post a Comment