Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tea at the Plaza

A few weeks ago I took my daughter and her four best friends for an afternoon tea at the Plaza hotel to celebrate her 13th birthday. I worked hard to convince her that the tea was a good idea, and that it would be a memorable experience. Eventually she agreed, somewhat reluctantly, however. I was a bit nervous thinking that maybe this was my dream, and she and her friends would find the whole thing lame... But in the end, I was redeemed, as it turned out to be a very nice experience for all of us, and really a great memory of celebrating her passage to the teenage years.


The Squad

First a little shopping on Fifth Avenue. Topshop and Sephora being the main destinations. 

The fountain infant of Plaza Hotel and the "candid" shots

There's always some entertainment in front of the Plaza. This time it was a flash mob dancing. 

Love the contrasts in the different architectural styles. 

Red carpet at the Plaza

Girls at the Plaza

The Plaza's Palm Court ceiling is impressive

The cucumber sandwiches were amazing. 

The tropical tea had an amazing aroma. 

yummy yummy yummy

Happy 13th Birthday! My baby's a teenager now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment