Thursday, June 30, 2016

TBT - Fig & Olive

About three weeks ago we went to the Fig and Olive restaurant at the Meatpacking District for dinner. The dinner had two purposes; to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Middle School, and it was also a goodbye party for my au pair. Very bittersweet. The Fig & Olive is one of the well know NYC restaurants, and not least because it's the favorite of Fredrik Eklund of Million Dollar Listing, or at least it's where Fredrik often meets with clients. I'd been there a few times but had kind of forgotten about it before seeing it on the new season of the Million Dollar Listing NYC. Anyway, it's a very nice restaurant, with great atmosphere and of course superb food.





We started with a cheese platter. This stuff was gone in about 10 seconds flat. 

Then we ordered these caramelized onion and goat cheese crostinis for everyone. Yummy! 

For the longest time I had been looking for an opportunity to wear this eccentric ring and wrist jewelry piece I got from my sister-in-law. It's not your everyday going to the local kind of look. But it was perfect for this occasion. 

This was my daughter's salad with salmon. 

And my order was this super delicious sea food paella. 
It was a great night - good times with good people in a good place. I probably won't go there anytime soon again, but if I see Fig & Olive again on the Million Dollar Listing, I'm sure to get a bit nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment