Saturday, January 21, 2017

Women's March NYC

I had the opportunity to march for women's rights in New York City today, and I'm so happy, proud and thankful that I was able to be part of the movement and experience the solidarity shown by both men and women for women's right to choose, and equal pay.  The march was inspiring and surprisingly emotional. The event was peaceful, the mood was a mixture of humor, optimism, and seriousness. I mean, thousands of people don't show up for a march unless they seriously care about the cause. All over the country, all over the world. People say these marches don't change anything. Well not marching is also not going to change anything. I am hoping this show of unity, the sheer number of people protesting and showing they care will have some effect on public policy, the debate in Washington DC and states looking to change laws. 















No comments:

Post a Comment