Monday, March 2, 2015

March(ing) Orders

Ok, I am announcing it here so as to keep myself accountable: I'm going on a strict South Beach Phase 1 diet today. The phase 1 lasts for two weeks, and it means no carbs, no sugar, only lean protein and light veggies. I have to break this sugar addiction cycle I have gotten stuck in this winter, and I know the South Beach works because I've done it before. You eat 5 small meals a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. You have to stick to the schedule, which can be a challenge for me. And you must stick to portion control, which is also a challenge. The final challenge is not snacking after dinner... It will be a challenging couple of weeks. But from experience I know that the cravings are worst for the first few days, after which they start disappearing, and in the end of the two weeks, the sugar cravings will be gone. My main goal is to rid myself of the sugar craving because I know that will help me feel better and make it easier to first lose and then maintain my weight. I don't have a crazy weightloss goal in mind. In this first phase, I would be happy if I lost 5 pounds. From previous experience I know that it is a very possible and realistic goal. Overall, I would like to lose about 10 pounds. More would be nice, but I'm keeping myself realistic. I'll check in again after these first two weeks, and let you know what happened.

Oh, and ha ha... I see the irony of posting this right after the cake recipe... Well you see why I need to do this! 

3 comments:

  1. What a nice coincident! I started my South Beach Phase 1 diet on Monday. I liked the results last May. The pear upside down cake was so delicious. I think I could it it all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - we can be south beach buddies! Le's go to South Beach when done!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Let me know how you get on - I might try it too! If only just to join you guys on the South Beach... ;)

    ReplyDelete