Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Out of Office

I haven't done an outfit post in ages, because this extended winter has just sucked up all my enthusiasm for style. I would just like to dress up in a snuggie all the time. However, I would most likely get fired for showing up at the office in a snuggie... So my uniform has been black pants and a cashmere sweater, occasionally accessorized with an Hermes scarf. But when you travel, you have to actually plan outfits and think about how it all goes together. Do you find it hard to pack for business trips? I used to. But practice makes perfect, and also having a system that works for you. I pack only black, gray and white. Nothing bulky, and nothing that wrinkles. I throw in a colorful accent such as a scarf or a statement necklace. If it's a three day trip, I pack one dress, a blazer, pants, skirt, 2 blouses. These I can mix and match since they are all neutral colors. Of course I throw in some sleepwear and workout wear, which are things that I can wear in public, i.e. not the yoga pants with a hole or the ratty t-shirt I use for my workout at home.

Here's what I was wearing a month ago on my trip to Cali.









Luckily, since I don't have to travel much anymore, I actually enjoy it. Even sitting in a plane for six hours is wonderful. Where else would I be able to just tune out for six hours?

2 comments:

  1. Kivoja asuja kaikki ! Matkalle pakkaaminen on taitolaji, sen oppii kun matkustaa paljon. Muitan ekat matkat yksin ( joskus kauan sitten ) mukaan oli otettava kaikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juu, laukku on kylla keventynyt ja pienentynyt huomattavasti tassa vuosien varrella :-)

      Delete