Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Good Girl

"I cannot remember the books that I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am sure that this book (The Good Girl by Mary Kubica) will be a movie. I had the movie flashing in my eyes while reading it. Or maybe it was very similar to some movie I've seen..I can't really tell, but all I could think when reading the Good Girl was that it was like a movie. It's a kidnapping thriller written from three different characters' perspective, and the story moves to before and after the kidnapping.  It's one of those books that I read very superficially, and will probably forget pretty soon. Even the twist on the last page was not that surprising. It would probably actually be a much better movie than a book. This book has been compared to Gone Girl, but I don't think that it comes close. The Gone Girl developed its characters much better than this one, and was a book you're not going to soon forget. In sum, I wouldn't recommend this book if you have access to something that might be better. If it's the only book available in a hotel library, and you need a book by the pool, then go ahead, it's a quick and light read, and you can skip ahead some of the more boring parts in the middle...

No comments:

Post a Comment