Wednesday, August 12, 2020

White Shirt Dress

 Everyone has a different threshold of pandemic tolerance. There seem to be the two extremes, i.e. those who will hang out in close proximity to strangers in bars, those who avoid public places and order all groceries online and wipe them with lysol when they arrive, and then most people, who fall somewhere in the middle. My family has been quite careful during the pandemic and we opted to not travel, not invite anyone into our home, and have not been dining out, that is, until last week, when we finally broke down and had dinner in our local bistro. When deciding where to eat the factors were that the place had to have outside seating, the outside seating had to be somewhat attractive, and the food had to be good. I have to admit that I was a little nervous going into a restaurant, but I ended up enjoying it so much. No cooking required, no clean up and no washing dishes. Heaven! To mark this occasion, I wore an outfit that I was hoping was projecting carefree but chic summer vibes: a white shirt dress (it is a no brand dress - it literally has no labels whatsoever), white Staud bag, a black straw hat, Naturalizer snake sandals, Poshmark-procured sun and moon dangly earrings (also no brand), and Hermes bangles. Here I am happy and surprisingly still clean white dress after the dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment