Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gardening

I love gardening. I love pulling on my garden gloves and digging holes in the soil with my Fiskars tools. Mixing compost and planting stuff. Smelling the earth and trying to make things grow. As long as puttering in the garden is voluntary it is enjoyable and relaxing, and makes me feel very wholesome and good.

But thank goodness in our neighborhood everyone employs gardeners, because somehow gardening loses its relaxing quality if you HAVE to do it; cut the grass, blow the leaves, clean and prune. I am also not very good with maintenance, so my plants have to be the hardy set it and forget it type plants...

Anyhow, we started a small fall beautification project today, and bought plants and some white gravel for our entryway. Here's the cart, results later.



No comments:

Post a Comment