Friday, August 30, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye...

to SUMMER that is. It's been so great that I don't want it to end. When I was younger, I was really enthusiastic in the fall, and it felt like the real "new year". I used to think that the Jewish had it right with Rosh Hashanah (the new year) being in the early September, because it felt like a new beginning after the summer lull. But this year I'm struggling...I don't want the summer to end. I'm not ready for the craziness of the fall. Work gets busy, home life gets busy, kids get busy, and we don't have time for picnics and beach walks anymore. I will try to hold on to the relaxed summer vibe as long as I can. I will try to hold on to the date nights with hubby, the unhurried moments with the kids, and I will try to hold on to my peace of mind. I will have to find my "inner beach spirit" that I can call on when the going gets tough.

Sunken Meadows Beach - a favorite place

Sunken Meadows is not as crowded as the South Shore beaches. 

The sand, the sun and the surf...



No comments:

Post a Comment