Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lunch time escapades

It is August, which means that Wall Street is pretty quiet (except for the tourists on the actual street), and some of us have a bit of time for lunch time shopping and strolls. Down town NYC shopping is not that great, especially after Sandy destroyed JCrew and a couple other spots at South Street Seaport (for us locals Century 21 is too much - the fight for space with tourists is overwhelming), but we try to get by with what we've got. Mainly it's TJ Maxx, Sephora, Duane Reade (thank the Lord for the new nice locations with much improved cosmetic and skin care selections), and, surprisingly, a discount chain Dijon (popular with us office rats, and completely hidden from tourists). 




I went to TJ Maxx yesterday, here is my office outfit, H&M on top, Ann Taylor on the bottom, Tod's bag, and sandals from The Loft. 


I bought these Michael Kors silk pants that had zero hanger appeal, but looked pretty nice on. 


I also got these 7 skinny pants. I mean, why wouldn't I? I'm sure they will find some use, other than just crowding my closet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment