Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lookback

Here's a look back to some of the things that filled my time in October. I'm so behind in my posts for the simple reason that it's just been super busy and life has been crazy. October and then November just whizzed by. Sometimes I wonder how I find the time to hold a full time job in addition to all this other stuff that goes on in my life. Somehow I make it work, and even though it's been really busy lately, it's also been good. I've been stressed out of course, but maybe a little less than usual. Or maybe I've just learned to deal with the stress better. I have enjoyed this beautiful fall and been a little kinder to myself too in the process.


We went to a lovely wedding at the De Seversky mansion at NYIT.


I wore my new Samuji dress for the first time. I saw the dress in the Samuji store in Helsinki last summer, tried it on, but it was too tight. After I came home from that trip, I searched for the dress on the internet, and found it in a store in Canada. A couple of clicks, a little wait, and the dress arrived and I am super happy with it.



At some point in October, I started a new easy scarf project. Knitting is the best meditation and so relaxing. But the project has to be super easy where you can just "go with the flow". This is exactly the case knitting this scarf. 



 We had play dates, and baked Halloween cup cakes.


 The softball season ended and basketball season began. Sundays are still busy!


We carved our pumpkins on the eve of Halloween. 


And of course we went trick or treating! 



The yellows were so amazing this fall. They're almost gone now, but I enjoyed looking at them blaze in the sun. 


I agreed to chair the Finnish School parent board. I've been involved for many years, and helping out with a lot of stuff, but this kind of took the job to another level... Like I didn't have enough on my plate already. But I guess I never quite managed the "less is more" lifestyle. Anyway, there's been a lot of fundraising bake-sales, and here are the yummy cinnamon buns we baked for the school. 


And of course, October is the birthday celebration month. This one turned 14 and we celebrated  few times. The above picture is from the celebration with the friends, a dinner at Maggiano's with her squad.

And this is from the family celebration that took place at Eataly. 


Oh yeah, we baked Karelian pastries a few times at the school too. 

There was a lot of horsing around and having a general good time with the fam. 



2 comments:

  1. Kivoja Halloween kuvia. Sun tytöt on niin suloisia <3 Ja aivan ihana tuo Samujin mekko, täällä Suomessa Samujin neulepipo on nyt valtava hitti, kaikki haluaa sen ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos :-) Piti tietty googlata Samujin pipo ja loytyi kuvia muhkeista mohairpipoista. Ei ihme etta on hitti, tuohan pitaa paan lampimana vaikka missa viimassa. Voisin itselleni ottaa sen luonnonvalkoisen mohairpipon!

      Delete