Thursday, June 8, 2017

Memorial Day Fireworks

Maybe the older you get, the bigger you get on traditions. Or maybe my life is boring and repeats itself. Since I'm a glass half full type of person, I will pick the first explanation. This was our second year at the Hempstead Beach Park Memorial Day fireworks, and I feel that a nice family tradition has started. The weather was iffy, but it did not rain, and we just threw on some sweaters, packed a cooler of drinks for the adults and kids, and off we went. I was tired after the day in the City and was not too eager to go, but my daughter would have been extremely disappointed, since we were going to meet her friend and her family there and watch the fireworks together. So I put on a fake smile and went. It was one of those evenings that started kind of slow, but were really fun in the end, and I was happy that I made myself go. The fireworks were awesome, and so much better than my pictures could capture, and after the fireworks the DJ was playing good old soft rock songs that were so fun to sing along and dance along (shot through the heart, and you're to blame, baby you give loooove a bad name)... :-) 

Coming back from the City it looked like it was going to rain really hard

The beach was not as crowded as last year. Didn't have to fight for the best seats. 




No comments:

Post a Comment