Saturday, June 3, 2017

Social Outings

I can't believe that it's June already. However, I have to document what happened in May before I forget... May was a pretty social month after a long dry spell. One week I had three different evening social outings, which is really unusual for me, because usually I just come home after work, eat dinner and crash. But this particular week, I was out and about and it felt good after a long bout with the flu.

First was a friend's 30th birthday party. Looking really good, my lovely young friend! 

Then came the "Independent Visions" art exhibit with a friend. The exhibit featured four Finnish woman artists.  I really only knew about Helene Schjerfbeck, so it was interesting to see the other works too. Afterwards we had dinner at the Scandinavia house restaurant. I always have the salmon salad there because it's just the best. 


Ellen Thesleff

Olga Sesemann

Sigrid Schauman


Next I had dinner with an old friend. Italian friend, Italian restaurant, in Little Italy.  Ha. I did inject a little Finnish into the evening by first taking he to the Samuji store, which is right around the corner from Little Italy. She said, however, that the shop looked more Japanese than Finnish. And oddly, it did. Or does. 


No comments:

Post a Comment