Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mother's Day

I'm behind with my posts, again, but better late than never, right?

I'm just coming up for air after a couple of very whirlwind weeks!

I had a very nice mother's day - I was pampered from breakfast to dinner and got to do something that I love in between (gardening).

Breakfast was Finnish crepes (lätty), and it was yummyyyy

I was completely surprised and very happy with my present! I have been ogling this bag online forever. Oh, they know me so well.... <3  

We cleaned up after a day of lounging (for some) and gardening (for me) and went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. 

Isn't this one gorgeous? 

I had the most delicious black fettucini with half a lobster and all kinds of seafood. 

I was trying to get a nice picture with my daughters for mother's day, but it wasn't quite working out. 

But I persisted. And here it is. 
I love being a mother. Of course it's sometimes a lot to keep up with three daughters and my work, what with their play dates, friends, hobbies, sports, games, birthday parties, homework, school projects, field trips, doctor visits, etc, but in the end it is my most fulfilling and important job, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I love seeing my daughters grow up, and the amazing people they are becoming, all with their own strengths and talents. I don't know how much of how they turn out is thanks to me, and how much is based on their innate character, but I hope that I can inspire them to be better, to not give up, to work hard, but also to play, notice the good things in life, to appreciate their blessings, and to know that I always have their back, no matter what. That's what mothers are for, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment