Saturday, May 13, 2017

Worktripping

I had the privilege to attend a conference at Boca Raton, Florida, this week. Work trips are exhausting as you have to be "on" from dawn to dusk, but you can still find small pockets of breathing space. And since the beach is my happy place, I love to go to trips where I have a chance to enjoy the salt water, breathe in the ocean air and meditate by the waves.


I stayed at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, which is a historic, and gorgeous, upscale resort. 


The view from my room was pretty nice. 


The resort was surrounded by luxurious yachts. Life goals... 



The resorts's signature pink color. And the beautiful fountains everywhere. 


The entrance in the end of the long palm-lined road makes an impact. 


Beautiful gardens and the lush plants. Wish I could bring some home! 



I sneaked away one evening for my therapy session by the beach. Salt water cures everything. And meditation by the waves cures the rest. 




Since I didn't get a chance to shop, and the resort shops were crazy expensive, I got creative with the souvenirs for kids. One of the parties I attended had this "island-art" station where you could get name art made. I wasn't popular on the line since I had three names to be made into art, but that was my only chance to get a cool souvenir for the kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment