Friday, May 5, 2017

Gold Button Cape

Here's a look back to a date night outfit a few weeks ago. This is the only time I ever wore my gold button cape. Not sure why I haven't worn it more. I guess I don't go out enough... Anyway, this night we went to a new (well, fairly new) restaurant in our neighborhood, Barto. I had heard very mixed reviews, but our experience was pretty good. We had to wait for a table for a long time, but that was expected since we didn't have a reservation, and we didn't mind waiting, sitting in the bar, sipping wine. The food was good and the service was fine, so I would definitely go there again!


By the way, the cape is an exact copy of a Valentino design. Just without a couple numbers on the price tag (and I'm sure different material and finishing). Usually the copies are more "inspired" than this direct copy, so I don't know if there's been any lawsuits involving the copying here. It is notoriously hard to police the copying in the fashion business as it's very hard to get intellectual property rights for clothing designs. Here's a picture of the original Valentino cape: 



No comments:

Post a Comment