Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sale finds & what's inside a 2-year old mind

I managed to keep my resolution for last year and shop less. The trick was to keep kids out of stores, and spend better quality time with them, either just doing stuff home or enjoying the beautiful parks of Long Island. No hanging out in shopping malls - not even on a rainy day! Consequently I kept myself out of shops on my days off. Of course that didn't completely erase my dirty habit, but it was definitely a hindrance. Will absolutely continue on this path in 2013!

However, I couldn't be helped on those couple days after Christmas when everything goes on clearance, and they still have something you'd actually want.

I found some good stuff: a papier mâché elephant head and a cool winter cowgirl hat from Anthropologie (50% off and then additional 30%!).

As I was trying the hat on my two year old said "cow".. I am so dim I didn't immediately figure out what she was trying to say, so I just laughed and said ok. Then realizing that I was not understanding, she says "horsy". And I still don't get it. Finally she put the words together and said "cow, horsy, yeehaa"and it finally dawned on me that she was trying to tell me that the hat looked like a cowboy hat.. That little darling child.. I tell you, all the things that must be in that little smart head, that we don't know she knows. Amazing!

I picked some other odds and ends here and there, like a Missoni turtleneck from Nordstrom, that I had been looking at on the site before, only that now it was marked down from close to $400 to $150 (Yay!), and a couple (three to be exact) blazers from Zara (oh, and one from H&M). Did I really need four blazers? Maybe, maybe not, depends how you look at it... But they were BARGAINS!! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment