Monday, June 10, 2013

Heartbreak

My kids learned an important life lesson yesterday on how to deal with heartbreak and disappointment. We had to return the dog we adopted only a week ago, because he was biting my two little girls. I wish I had the skills and time to train him out of it as he was very sweet with adults and my 10-year old, but I had to face the reality and admit that I cannot. It was truly heartbreaking to take him back to the shelter. I hope he finds a loving family with no small kids. We learned something from this experience, though. First, like I said, it was a life lesson for the kids, and second, we now know that we really enjoy having a pet, and the kids are also ready for the responsibility that goes along with it. We will look for a suitable poodle or maltese puppy, who will grow up in the family, and we'll take him in at a time when we have time for training,i.e., during a vacation. Let's hope it happens this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment