Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sales

I hardly ever buy anything full price... Unless it's really cheap to begin with ;-) (ok, admittedly cheap can be a relative term, so maybe I should've said "good value".)

I have a bad habit to only browse the sales racks. Luckily as I've got older I have learned to buy much more judiciously, even on sales. And I always try everything on. 

Living in NY you can get spoiled with sales. There's always a sample sale or an outlet somewhere...

Last weekend I scored at Saks outlet, Off Saks (as so many times before - it really is a long time favorite, along with the original, Saks Fifth Avenue). I got 3(!) pairs of Not Your Daughter's Jeans, one pair of Akris pants for the office, a Boss dress, and a couple more things of which I can't even remember the brands.. Quite the loot! I also got Coach espadrille sandals at Bloomingdale's, and a Moncler vest. 

With the weather being really poor in NY, I will probably get a lot of use out of the denim. Also NYDJ promises to make you look at least one size smaller. Can't wait!

Even though there are lots of sales online as well, I've never had good luck with online purchases. It is so easy to make a product look good in the pictures. Most of the time I'm disappointed at the actual product, which is why I don't buy much from the Internet. 

My sales budget is pretty much depleted as it is..although I do have one teeny weeny trip planned to the Woodbury Commons Outlet in a week and a half...

2 comments:

  1. Voi, en malta odottaa, että näen kaikki alelöydöt blogissa. Kuulostaa hurjan hyvältä! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akrisin housut vein lyhennettaviksi enka varmaan paase pitamaan ennenkuin vasta joskus syksymmalla kun ovat ohutta villakangasta. NYDJ farkut oli jo eilen paalla, ja otin jopa kuva :-). Valitettavasti 2 paria niita NYDJ:ja menee palautukseen. Niissa on niin paljon stretchia etta venyivat ihan kauheasti paalla ja rupesivat lokottamaan..ei ihan saanut nayttamaan yhta kokoa pienemmalta sellaiset lokapoksyt. Mutta onneksi yksi pari oli pienempaa kokoa (luulin ensin etta mulle liian pienet, mutta pienen kayton jalkeen nekin loystyi tosi paljon, ja olivat sitten tosi mukavat jalassa).

      Delete