Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Favorite New York City Places - AOC

New York City obviously is full of restaurants; new ones seem to sprout overnight, and many of them are gone in a flash too. But some places have a bit more staying power. AOC is a French restaurant in the West Village, on Bleecker Street, that's been around for quite a while. We've been going there for many years, mostly for breakfast or brunch, because it's just around the corner from the Finnish School. I would really recommend the brunch...I've been there for dinner too, but brunch is better. The omelette with mushrooms, goat cheese and tomatoes, or whatever combination you'd choose, is an excellent choice, as is the french toast, served with fruit and ham, yummy. Usually it's just me and hubby, spending some quality couple time while the kids are in school, but recently we were joined by my lovely cousin. If you're in town, I would recommend trying AOC for a leisurely brunch! 





2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I've never even noticed it even worked right around there for over a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. There are so many small restaurants in that neighborhood that I want to try. But many of them not necessarily all that kid-friendly, and I don't really go out much anymore without the kids in tow :-)

      Delete