Monday, May 19, 2014

Pilotto

I like the cheap chic designer collections. Quite obviously because I can't afford the expensive chic designer collections... But sometimes the collections don't quite work. Or they may have one or two nice pieces and the rest is, well, not very chic, at any price. That's what I think happened with the Peter Pilotto collection for Target this spring. It was certainly the colorful print that you'd expect from Peter Pilotto, but it just didn't work very well. I saw the looks and wasn't tempted to go to my local Target. And then I forgot about it, until I went to Target for something else, and saw all the Pilotto stuff on the clearance rack. This wasn't much later, mind you, after the collection came out. So I guess it wasn't a huge seller... Anyway, of course I checked it out, and most of it was what I had expected, not very chic, and the fabrics were really awfully fake-feeling and cheap looking. But then there was the sweatshirt. And it was a stand-out piece. Or at least I thought so. It was also on clearance, and I thought it was a steal. Here I'm wearing the Pilotto for Target sweatshirt, my NYDJ jeans, Tom's shoes, an old scarf, and my trusted old Prada tote.


No comments:

Post a Comment