Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Whole30 Second Week

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I must confess that the second week on the Whole 30 did not go as well as the first week. I still avoided dairy and sugar (except for the one teeny serving of froyo, which was a "no sugar added" variety), and grains, but I did fall down and had some wine (twice). I'm finding it's not so hard to resist the sugar temptation when you cut out the bad carbs. But I'm a social wine drinker, and it's tough to be the party pooper who doesn't partake. Oh well, I'm still feeling lighter, and seem to have more energy, so the journey continues in a very positive frame of mind. The next few weeks will be tough and full of temptations with many birthday celebrations, culminating in the candy bonanza of Halloween. I will give myself a permission to eat cake and candy on these occasions, but the test will be to cut the sugar off once it's over. In order to do that, I plan to return to the Whole30 type eating for a week or so, to make it easier to avoid sugar. Another good thing has happened during these two weeks - I've minimized the mindless night snacking in front of the TV. I will continue to soldier on for the next two weeks, and not judge myself too harshly.  All in all, the experiment so far has a lot more positives than negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment