Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ballet is Like Dreaming on Your Feet

In keeping with my dear diary theme, I usually post events in chronological order, but this time is an exception, because I'm completely behind and messed up my order by not posting about this wonderful day we had at the ballet. The American Ballet Theater performed the Swan Lake at the Metropolitan Opera in May and June, and I had arranged for tickets for a crew of ladies, including a dear friend from Finland, my au pair and her sister visiting from Finland, and of course myself and my three daughters.


We started at the Smith, a bistro across the street from Lincoln Center. It was raining cats and dogs, but we did not let the water sloshing in and out of our sandals or the dampness of our clothes ruin our mood. 


A nice glass of Channing Daughters rose helped. 


As did the delicious food


If you're looking for a quiet place, I would not recommend the Smith. But if you're fine with a high energy and noisy restaurant, then it's definitely a good pre-opera option. 



I love the lobby, especially the sputnik chandeliers at the Met. 


I was wearing my Victoria Beckham for Target top, H&M skinny jeans, golden python skin bag. 


Did I mention that I love the chandeliers. 



At the Metropolitan Opera it's ok to sit up high. The acoustics are actually better up in the family circle, than they are on the orchestra seats. 


I wasn't kidding when I told you I love those chandeliers. They are just too beautiful. I've been drooling after the chandelier earrings that look like these, that you can buy from the Met store, but I haven't splurged yet. 



The only issue sitting up in the family circle is that you have to use binoculars to see any details of the sets, costumes, etc. 


The rain stopped right on time when the ballet was over. 



And we finished the day with some shopping at Sephora. Pretty much a perfect day in my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment