Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Importance of Fit

The older I get the more important fit becomes. It may have something do with all those lumpy parts that need more and more hiding year after year. But it's also about learning to know what shapes look good on you and not embracing every trend, especially those that don't flatter. (For me, that would be pants with pleats or any kind of extra volume around the thighs or hips.) Because I am so crazy about the perfect fit, I have to rotate my wardrobe whenever I gain or lose a few pounds. With three pregnancies, my closet has undergone quite many rotations! Luckily I have a big attic where to store things while they are waiting for the right fit again..unless they get outdated while on rotation..which has happened and is unfortunate..

So because I want to try things on and am so picky about the fit, I hardly ever order clothing online. But I made an exception with the Derek Lam cheap chic collection for Kohl's. I just never had a chance to go there, and so I ordered a few pieces.. Oh boy, was I reminded of the importance of fit! And how hard it is to make good cheap chic... Most of the stuff was horrible. The fit was really off for me. I ended up keeping one tunic top, and even that one I need to work on a little. Tuck it in a bit here and there. But for $35 it's still worth it. 

This is the top I got. Planning on wearing with black or white skinnies, and maybe black wide leg pants. 

I really liked this dress and it looks gorgeous on the model, but not so much on me. It was horrid on me. Just one big sack with no shape at all. I was Disappointed (with a big D), but hey, you win some you lose some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment