Thursday, May 1, 2014

Boca Raton, Florida

Greetings from Boca! I came to south Florida this week for a conference, and because I was challenged in Facebook for the "everyday" picture challenge, I made a point to take some photos, even though they were not quite "everyday", but hey, I was challenged, and I never turn down a good challenge :-)



The Boca Raton Resort 

The ice sculpture was melting pretty fast in the 90 degree weather! 

My room was at the end of the enormously long corridor - I was miffed until I found out that I had a suite!

Missing the family and chatting via Skype. Luckily I don't have to travel for work very often. 

Rudy Giuliani, who was a mayor during the 9/11, was the conference key note speaker. Since he is a republican I don't always share his views, (although he is a moderate, pro-choice republican), but I enjoyed his speech tremendously. A great and engaging, and funny speaker. 

I stole a couple of hours between the conference program and dinner to go for a walk with my friends the lizards. 

The best part of the trip was the 20 minutes spent meditating on the beach. My happy place. 


Boca Raton Resort has two properties in Boca, the actual resort and the Beach Club. Both are amazing! 

I could stare at this for hours. Unfortunately I only had about 20 minutes. 


Hi it's me getting ready for dinner. 

A candy artist at the evening event. 

I showed him a picture of Coco and asked him to make me a little souvenir for my girls. 

Candy Coco


No comments:

Post a Comment