Thursday, September 1, 2016

Half a Century

Five decades... the big five o... Fifty is the new thirty with twenty years of experience. This past month we celebrated my husband's fiftieth birthday on several occasions.

First we did a sunset picnic with a few friends at our favorite place, the Seacliff Beach.




Then hubby and I had a rare luxury, a 24-hour date in NYC, with a dinner at South Street Seaport, cocktail cruise around Manhattan, drinks at a midtown rooftop terrace, and finishing off in a dive bar on Second Ave playing old school rap from when we were young. We woke up late and had brunch/lunch next day at my husband's favorite restaurant (Fogo de Chao). We stayed at the W-hotel with the most minuscule room I've ever seen, but that didn't matter. It was good times. 











And of course, us being who we are, we (really meaning me) had to throw a party to our friends. Put the number out there and own it :-)




And now I finally get it when people say that age is just a number. Hubby says he feels like he's around 38. And I believe it, because so do I. So own the 50 but at the same time, let it go, and just be who you are. I'm happy to have you and share my life with you, and hope to share many more numbers with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment