Friday, March 29, 2013

Art Lover

I am lucky to live close to the Nassau County Art Museum, and enjoy its great exhibitions. The place is small enough to enjoy in a bite-size portion. We return there for almost every new show and have taken many visitors there to enjoy the art, and the beautiful grounds which have many sculptures. My daughter was taking art classes there, but the art studio was unfortunately destroyed by super storm Sandy. I am really hoping that the studio will be repaired soon and the classes cold resume. The current exhibition is called Abstract Expressionism Reconsidered.







Don't Touch!


The museum's cafe is finally open. Loved this yummy cheesecake..


Art and treats... is there a better way to enjoy a lazy afternoon? 


My art buddy


By the way, why is Good Friday called "Good" Friday? In Finnish it's "Long" Friday, which just seems so much more appropriate. I always wonder too, why it's not a real holiday in the U.S.? We also get cheated out of the Easter Monday, which does not exist in the U.S. The day when it's finally time for new hope and resurrection. It would be good for all of us to reflect on that hope...but I won't have the time, because I'll be working and things are just crazy busy at the office right now. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment