Monday, March 4, 2013

Plan B

This is what happened Friday evening: I was going to get ready for a Fundraising event that I had helped organize, to benefit education for Nepalese girls (more about the great ENG organization later). I had planned an outfit in advance to go with the Nepalese theme. However, the chosen dress wouldn't zip up. It was one of those garments that magically shrunk while hanging in the closet. Needless to say, I was quite upset and came dangerously close to having a major temper tantrum and ruining the evening..however, my daughters were part of this event, and my oldest was really looking forward to it because she was bringing the BFF along. So I had to quickly snap out of the depression/tantrum, not let it get hold, and come up with a different outfit, i.e., plan B, and then proceed to enjoy the evening. I am proud to say I did it. I guess this is the benefit of age. You can handle wardrobe malfunctions with grace..and can will yourself to get through small personal disasters without the whole world collapsing.. Anyhoo, here's what I wore: BR dress, Saks shirt, HM necklace, Nine West shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment