Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Signs of Spring

The spring officially begins today, although the 10 day forecast is still promising some more sleet / icy rain. Wouldn't believe from the clear skies of today, though. I took some pictures of my crisp and clear Down Town office views. Isn't New York grand?

For me Spring is a very creative time, a time when you want to shed your old skin (literally in my case because my psoriasis has been horrendous!), and come up with something new and original. Spring is a good time to try new things, like restorative yoga (a semi-private group starting soon, yay), or just to incorporate something new in your wardrobe (I am dying to wear my new patterned pants as soon as the weather permits).

I have been reading the perfect book for this spring mood, fashion designer Isabel Toledo's book "Roots of Style". I am in awe of her and the creative process and flow that she describes. My hands are itching to make something! Something involving cloth, patterns and a sewing machine...



No comments:

Post a Comment