Friday, January 8, 2016

Art Inspiration

I am so happy that my 13 year old is finally interested in art. She has a great class "Studio Art" where they make art but also learn about art history and artists. She has made some cool pieces of art in that class which I should photograph... I can't wait for her knee to heal so that we can start making trips to the amazing art museums of New York City to see all the pieces of art by artists that she is learning about.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of my favorite paintings of Pierre Bonnard, a French post-impressionist painter. It's not hard to see why they should be my favorites... He loved to paint food and gardens!

Dining Room Overlooking the Garden, by Pierre Bonnard

The Dining Room in the Country, by Pierre Bonnard



No comments:

Post a Comment