Sunday, January 17, 2016

The frog and toad

Yesterday, on our way to Astoria, Queens, we had to stop in Flushing, which is known as the Chinatown of Queens, and since we were there, I took the opportunity to pop into a Chinese market. I burst out laughing when I saw the frogs in the bucket. They were for sale, and I'm sure very delicious if prepared correctly. My daughter made sure to inform me that these were toads, not frogs...oh well...I don't know the difference, so I'll just keep calling them frogs. I did not purchase frogs, just some seafood and Chinese vegetables and fruit. I love going into those markets for the adventure!


Our final destination Astoria is a neighborhood that's changing a lot now that Brooklyn is getting too expensive. In Astoria we dined at a restaurant called Meet the Meat. Another chuckle moment there... But despite the tacky name, this is an awesome steak restaurant. Everything we ate was superb. There's nothing too complicated on the menu, it's very straight forward, but with the quality of the food it does not need to be anything but just exactly that. We had grilled calamari, filet mignon, porterhouse for two, a cheeseburger, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and sautéed mushrooms, and everything was just amazing. 

I wore my winter white Michael Kors poncho, self-knit scarf, NYDJ jeans, Steve Madden boots and  shearling bucket bag. 






2 comments:

  1. Hih, hauskat sammakot :D Asu on kiva, rento ja tyylikäs. Tykkään.

    Suloista sunnuntaita !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, tuo poncho on kylla ollut aikamoinen lemppari!

      Delete