Sunday, September 29, 2013

The West Village

I love New York City and its many distinct neighborhoods. But as much as I do love the city, I am really happy I don't live there anymore. It's really tough to live there with kids. Or at least it would be really tough to live the kind of life that I want to live with kids (read: expensive!). The West Village is one of my favorite NYC neighborhoods, with its leafy quiet streets, pretty brownstones, tony boutiques for window shopping, and the ever-changing restaurant scene. It's also a great place for celebrity spotting. Not too long ago I was shopping in the same store with Jane Lynch, and just yesterday, my husband saw Damian Lewis driving by in a Porsche. He got a good look since he was stopped at a traffic light and had his window open. I was bummed that I didn't see him because I am a huge fan of Homeland!


Carrie's Steps


My favorite candy store! 




The Williamsburg Bridge. These days I am part of the "bridge-and-tunnel" crowd, and yes, the real city people do turn their noses up for us hillbillies... 



No comments:

Post a Comment