Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A New Obsession

I have a new drink obsession - the Kombucha. You may have heard about it, but in case you haven't it's fermented black tea (could be green tea too) that is a bit bubbly. Kombucha is said to have lots of health benefits because it contains live active beneficial bacteria, and I swear that every time after I drink this thing, I feel wonderful. It actually improves my mood and my well being right there on the spot. (It's almost better than a glass of Sauvignon Blanc!) I have bought it bottled so far, but a couple of weeks ago I started my own batch at home. If it works out, I will make a post about it..(it's a very long process). Meanwhile, I buy GT's Kombucha. I've tried all the flavors, but I like the original the best. I don't usually post about products, but this stuff is so good, that it deserves a post! The only downside is that it's not available very widely, mostly just in health food stores. It is catching on quickly though, so in a few years this may be the new "Chobani"...



Tea drinks are huge at this moment anyway.. There's all kinds of iced tea and chai and whatnot. This one that my daughter likes is very good because it's low in both calories and sugar. It's called plan Tea, and this one was organic black tea with vanilla and basil. I tried it too and it was delicious. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment