Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Miami Beach

I'm back home after a lovely week in Miami. I was there for work for three days and then for a mini-vacation the rest of the week. Hubby came and met me there for the mini-vacation part. I'd forgotten how nice Miami Beach is. It is also a lot cooler than I remember, or maybe it has gotten way cooler in the past few years. Our vacation, however, was relaxing and mellow, not at all like those times when we used to party there before having a family.

The view from the 29th floor 

Miami is becoming a big art center. Although most of the galleries are in the Wynwood art district, Miami Beach has some artsy stuff too. 


Fresh coconut juice tastes so good! 


The South Beach art deco area looks the same it always did. Maybe just a bit cleaner. 


We stayed at the legendary Fontainebleau hotel. This is the lobby bar which was a pretty happening place. 

The hotel has numerous pools and the pool area is very glamorous. 

And of course the hotel has a private beach club. 

We got so luck with the weather! It was absolutely horrendous for the days that I had to work - thunderstorms and raining cats and dogs. And then it was absolutely gorgeous for the vacation part. 

I love walking the board walk on Miami Beach. It's miles long. 

The show Magic City was filmed at Fontainebleau

I did some window shopping at the Bal Harbour Shops in North Beach. 

The Bal Harbour has to be one of the coolest malls I've visited. Didn't buy a thing though.


The Sawgrass Mills outlet center was a different story. I spent an hour at the Tory Burch store alone, messaging back and forth with my daughter to determine what she'd like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment