Friday, January 19, 2018

For the Love of Oranges

I am especially liking oranges this year. Probably because right before the holidays I received a get-well gift box of oranges picked and packed straight from an orchard in Florida. Those were some of the most delicious oranges I've ever eaten, and I've been on a bit of an orange kick ever since then. Not a bad craving given the large amount of vitamin c the oranges contain, and the worst flu season in  our midst in years. 


I used to think that peeling oranges was such a chore, but even that doesn't bother me anymore. Depending on orange I either cut the skin off with a knife or just peel the skin off with my fingers. I've been eating an orange a day since mid-December, and so far I've avoided the flu! Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to keep it that way. I have a lot of travel coming up, and will definitely pack some oranges as a snack and a protection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment