Saturday, January 20, 2018

Women's March 2018

I took my daughters to the New York City Women's March today. Not only was it fun to see all the creativity people put into their signs and outfits to get their message out, but it was incredible to feel the energy, passion and feeling of togetherness. I think it's important to teach my kids that we live in a democracy where you can speak your mind and express your opinions. If anything good came out of the Trump presidency, it's the fact that it was the last drop for women, and it spurred on this huge movement for equal rights, equal pay, reproductive rights, #metoo. I feel like I'm living in a historic time and I really sincerely hope that this will change for my daughters.

This year's march had even more people than last year's, and a lot more men! And dogs! I heard the NYC march estimate was 120 000 people.





























No comments:

Post a Comment