Thursday, April 2, 2020

Books: Daisy Jones and the Six

I picked up Daisy Jones and the Six from the online library after I had seen it in every book store in London. I hadn't read any reviews and didn't know what the book was about, the only thing I knew was that it was a Reese Witherspoon book club pick, and since I've liked her picks before I decided to give it try. When I started reading I was a bit confused...is this a real documentary about a band that I  had never heard of? I had to look it up, and found out it's fiction. But it is very realistic and the concept is clever. Taylor Jenkins Reid is a very good writer. It does take a little time to get used to the interview concept but after a while I quite liked it. The pacing of the book is a bit uneven, and I think it probably could have been slightly shorter, but overall I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment