Monday, April 6, 2020

Books: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

I had seen this book on the recommended reading lists for a long time, but never picked it up until after it was recommended to me by my cousin. And I'm so glad that she mentioned it and that I picked it up! This is a well written book, almost chick-lit, but better. Gail Honeyman is a wonderful Scottish writer, and I actually learned a lot of new words. It was good that I read this book in the electronic version as it was much easier to look up the words by highlighting straight from the text. This is Gail's first book, and she won the Costa First Novel Award. The story addresses loneliness, which is not a sexy topic, but very timely especially given the social isolation we're experiencing at the moment. It's not a fun story, but the book is both funny and heartbreaking at the same time. It's a quick read, but stays with you for a while after reading. Strong recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment