Wednesday, September 9, 2020

My Marimekko love

 I've always been a huge fan of Marimekko. Any fellow Finn will understand my affinity to this brand that stands for making the everyday more fun and colorful, and give women clothes that they can move in, are comfortable, and don't make you look like a sex symbol. Marimekko is as far from sexy evening wear as Trump is from Biden. Both are clothes meant to strategically cover our body but in the opposite ends of the sprectrum. With Marimekko clothes comes a certain sense of freedom. To be who you are, to be a little louder, a little braver, to let your personality show a little more. Lately we've been lucky with the Marimekko collections for Uniqlo - so fun, so inexpensive, and pretty decent quality. I've gone a little nuts every time a new collection has dropped, but this dress became my summer favorite. It's so easy to wear, wash (dries super quick and no ironing needed), pack (no wrinkles), and I think it looks cool too. I've been wearing it with my super comfy Fitflops sandals and Staud bag. My only regret is that I didn't snatch this dress up in the other colorway before it sold out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment