Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Dream

I don't usually remember my dreams in the morning, but last night I had a dream that was so real, and so strong that it's been with me ever since..

In the dream I came back from work and noticed that somebody had left a cardboard box at our front door. When I came close I saw the box was open and inside, wrapped in blankets in a little nest, was a precious little baby girl. Of course I felt worried about the baby, but also in that second made the snap decision to keep her. Obviously someone wanted her as part of my family since they left her at our doorstep. I was scared, but happy at the same time for a chance to have one more little girl as my daughter.

Well... I don't know where that dream came from or what it means. I don't really want any more kids. Realistically, I don't think I could handle one more. My youngest is going to be two in about a week, and I've been a bit nostalgic letting go of the baby stage. But happy at the same time as things get easier and I'm getting more sleep. I love my daughters to death, and feel emotionally totally fulfilled being a mother of three. So where the heck did that dream come from, and what does it mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment