Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Memento Vivere


“One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today." 
Dale Carnegie

Since I turned forty, I have tried to challenge myself to live every day to the fullest. By this I don't mean pushing myself harder or having some extraordinary adventures, but just learning to be more present. 

I have actually managed to have some amazing moments of clarity, peace, and gratitude. Moments when I really appreciate what I have. 

But it is hard to remember to live. And this is why I need to repeat the following phrase every day to keep reminding myself. 


Memento Vivere Memento Mori

2 comments:

  1. Joka sana sopii muhunkin... Ennen olin suurimman osan ajasta "sitten kun" ihminen. Jotain mullakin muuttui 40 täytettyäni. Aikaa ei ole loputtomasti, joten parasta yrittää elää joka hetki eikä vaan suunnitella elämistä.
    Kiva kuulla, että olet alkanut arvostaa tätä hetkeä.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On se edelleenkin vaikeata muistaa elaa tassa ja nyt. Mutta olen ainakin oppinut muistuttamaan itseani ;-)

      Delete