Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oh My Flu

This is the first year in a long time that I neglected to get the flu vaccine for myself and every member of the family. What with Sandy and some unexpected travels, I feel like there wasn't a moment to take care of it. So of course we should all be so lucky and come down with the flu. Not the cold, or some congestion, oh no. We, and I mean the whole family, including the nanny, came down with the real influenza, fevers and all. I had forgotten how painful the flu is. Every part of the body hurts.. As usual, the kids got sick first and then the adults. My 10 year old was sick since Monday morning, and I knew on Wednesday that I was going to get really sick as well. You know that feeling when you're whole body feels like it's been slammed against a wall... On Thursday I had to stay home with fever. Well, now there is light at the end of the tunnel. Kids are better, I don't have fever anymore, and hubby seems to just have a bit of temperature.. (or temper).. After a whole week of sickness, I can't wait for this to be over. What is the best thing to build up the immune system after a sickness?

Anyway, I also downloaded all the pictures from the past four months.. We'll be seeing lots of them later. Here's a sneak peak of a beautiful pre-Sandy day on the beach.






No comments:

Post a Comment