Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So Many Temptations

I read in some business journal that companies are printing fewer catalogs this year due to the online presence. And I guess it is true that I've received fewer catalogs from the traditional mail order firms such as LL Bean, and middle market stores like Macy's. But I feel like the higher end stores and department stores have gone all out on their catalogs this year. Our mailbox has been full of their beautiful glossy catalogs, tempting to shop, shop, shop. Today I even received the Americana mall look book, hand delivered by UPS! I must be a valued customer ;-)

It is hard to resist the temptation, but I must. My closet cannot handle one new item until properly purged. There are also items hanging there that have never been worn, and, yikes, items that are still in their carrier bags (shameful!). My rule of thumb has been for the longest time: never buy anything new until you've worn everything you own at least once!

For Christmas shopping, I plan on doing most of it online. Being an Amazon prime member gives you free fast shipping, and better prices than you'd get in a store. So why schlep around in stores when you can shop while laying on the sofa eating chocolates...









No comments:

Post a Comment