Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Saturday Night

I went for a dinner with a pair of friends from my old home town where I grew up. It's always interesting to see old friends because even though life has taken you apart, and we are living quite different lives these days, and may not know the daily details of each other's lives, we still know each other on a very intimate level. Where you come from, who your family is, how you looked as an awkward teenager, who was your crush in high school, etc..

I guess there is some truth to the saying that people don't really change. I mean of course we have matured and our life experiences have shaped us, but to some extent we are still those same high school girls who used to party together, and created life long memories.

So anyway, I drove into the City on a Saturday night, which I would only do for some VIPs (the traffic is a nightmare!) (and don't even mention trying to find parking!) and took my girls to SushiSamba. It features sushi (obviously) and Brazilian food, which happens to be a big favorite. I had the Moqueca, a Brazilian seafood stew with coconut milk..yummmyyyy...and filling! Unfortunately I did not take a picture of our entrees (my friends had some wonderful sushi rolls), but just snapped photos of my friends' desserts (I was too full to indulge). Gelato with a rice dough crust, and whiskey / chocolate / mousse with vanilla cream.

I wore a brand spanking new outfit too..."statement" pants and a comfy but colorful coral top from Anthropologie, found there earlier on the day (I can't go into the store without buying something!). Dr. Scholl sandals, and LV bag finished off the ensemble. I think I will get lots of use out of these pants this summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment