Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Boat Parade

New York City is known for the famous Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which is a huge event, and lots of fun. But now Long Island has its own Parade - one that fits with the island's nautical image - the Huntington Boat Parade, which is held the day after Thanksgiving. This year we were invited to a friend who lives right on Huntington Harbour, and has the best view of the parade straight from her backyard. It was lots of fun to see all different kinds of boats dressed up in Christmas lights, with Santas waving and Christmas music playing. It was a cold night, but we were appropriately dressed.. However, a little Hot Toddy or an Irish Coffee would've been nice too. If we get invited back next year, I know what I'll bring!

My pictures came out so blurry I borrowed these first two from the event's web site. 


This is how my pictures came out.. Can't really see what's going on. I should maybe invest in a tripod and learn to take pictures in low light. I'm stuck just using the point and shoot function of my Rebel. 



We were all dressed like going on a trip to the North Pole. 


ARTSY!

Eventually this one realized she can see the parade from the big picture window from inside.. and snack on goodies at the same time. Smart girl! 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone knows Macy´s parade, but this is something totally new to me! Looks grand;) Suloista joulunodottelua sinne kauas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos samoin - suloista joulunodottelua sinnekin. Sehan on ihan kohta jo!

    ReplyDelete