Monday, July 7, 2014

Grillin and Chillin

This past 4th of July weekend was pretty much about the Grillin' and Chillin' Backyard Barbecue party we threw on Saturday. The day before was spent in preparation, the day of was spent in prep and then having a party, and Sunday was spent in clean-up and recuperation. I was so busy at the actual party that I hardly took any photos, just a few snaps of the kids. But boy was it fun! Lots of work, but lots of fun too. We had about 40 people, a real mix of a group, and people had a good time playing yard games, eating, drinking, chatting, watching the fireworks, sitting around the fire pit, making smores. Just a quick note to self: next time we invite that many people, I must arrange for help! I would have enjoyed the party even more if I'd had more time to chat with my lovely friends, instead of running around setting up and cleaning up... My hubby and his friends did all the actual grilling, on three different stations, the gas grill, the charcoal grill and the fire pit. It's amazing how the food cooked with different methods tastes so different. Gas grill is of course easy, but you get an amazing flavor from real charcoal. After this weekend, I'm spent but happy, with a few more memories to cherish.









No comments:

Post a Comment