Sunday, July 6, 2014

There's Nothing Quite Like a Good Book

Losing yourself in a good book is the greatest feeling you can have. I have a lot of time to read during my commute to the City, so I'm always on the look-out for good books that can take me away from the commuting misery. One such book that I recently finished was Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. She won the Pulitzer prize for the book and it's well deserved. She writes with beautiful language, and makes people and places really come vividly alive. You can feel what they feel, understand why they feel it and really lose yourself in their story. Some people have criticized that the book is too long, but I don't agree. I didn't even feel that it was long. And as always, when you finish an extraordinary book, you mourn the ending of it, and having to let go of it. That's how I felt when the Goldfinch ended. It is hard to find something else to read after a book like that, because it's so easy to fall flat. I guess I should find something in a totally different genre, a chicklit, or maybe something non-fiction. Any recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment