Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gratitude

Lately my life has felt a bit lackluster, low energy, stuck in a rut, a little blah. It hasn't exactly helped that I've been eating unhealthy, given into my sugar addiction, and haven't done any exercise for quite some time (apart from a couple yoga sessions that were the bright spots). But I've decided to pick myself up from this slump. This week I remembered that an excellent way to feel happier is to be grateful for the good things in your life. 

I am grateful for: 
1. My kids. They give me so much love and joy every day. I am so thankful that they are healthy and happy and excited about life. 
2. My husband. He is my best friend, and a man who always puts his family first. He knows me better than anyone and still loves me. 
3. My health. I am thankful for having learned to take better care of myself. 
4. My job. It allows me to challenge myself and live this lifestyle. 
5. My friends and extended family. They are wise, funny, and wonderful. I know they are there when I need them. 
6. My home. It's spacious but cozy, and I love it. 
7. My Au pair. I've been lucky with good ones lately. It makes going to work so much easier when you don't have to worry. And it's fun to have a young person around! 
8. My mother. She's my rock. I tell her everything. 
9. My dog. She always loves me, no matter what mood I'm in. 
10. My faith and spirituality. Believing that there is a higher power and that we have a soul gives me hope and purpose. 

After re-reading this list I feel blessed. 

I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment